Preparing for Your Peripheral Artery Disease Services Appointment
Preparing for Your Appointment
Arriving for Your Appointment
Please arrive at our center from 45 minutes to an hour before your appointment time to pre-register and to complete the in-take process. Your appointment time is the actual time of your procedure. If you are going to be late or are unable to make your appointment, please call 408-225-2005 to let us know or to reschedule. We will be happy to reschedule your appointment for a date and time that best fits your schedule.
Bring your insurance card(s) and driver license with you to your appointment.
If you are taking a blood thinner (Warfrin, Coumadin, Plavix, Eliquis, etc.), get instructions from your physician as to when you should stop taking it before your procedure and when it’s safe to resume taking it after the procedure is over.
Most PAD procedures involve the use of mild anesthesia. Please follow these guidelines, accordingly.
- Do not eat or drink within six hours of your appointment.
- You can, however, continue to take your regularly prescribed medications with a small sip of water on the morning of the procedure.
- You may be given medication that makes you drowsy so you should not drive a vehicle for 12 hours after the procedure, and you will need to arrange for transportation home.
If you have an insulin prescription, get instructions from your physician as to the appropriate dosage to take prior to and the day of your procedure and instructions for checking your blood sugar level during that period of time.
Contrast or Dye
If you have an allergy to contrast or dye, discuss this with your physician prior to your appointment, including whether you’ll need a prescription for medication to take before you come to your appointment.
How to Dress for Your Visit and What to Bring
We recommend that you wear comfortable clothing. You will be changing into a hospital gown for your procedure.
- Please do not wear any makeup, fingernail polish or perfume.
- Please do not bring any valuables or jewelry with you.